Monday, September 14, 2026

Picture This

Like almost everyone on the planet (seemingly), I have a smartphone as a cellphone. I have no idea how to make or answer calls should the need arise (and when it does, I look around frantically for someone to help me with the technology, usually to no avail).

It's chock-full of applications to facilitate accomplishing the most amazing of feats, most of which, despite all the years of having a smartphone, remain a complete mystery to me. I can sort of use the calendar, given enough time, and, I'm proud to note, can actually use the search function, though I've had no success when I Google 'how does my smartphone work?' 

Truth to tell, I have the phone for the camera. I have delusions of photography. I'm not really a photographer, though I take a metric butt-ton of pictures just about every place and every time I go and post them all over the place. Volume over quality, I guess.   

Ansel Adams, am I not, and while practice makes perfect, it's actually perfect practice that makes perfect, and that's not happening, at least not in my case. However, I fell across a cheat sheet of sorts, with a title seemingly written for me: "How to take better photos on any smartphone."

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and I don't doubt that; I'm just unclear on the pixel-to-picture exchange rate.
-bill kenny 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this. I can barely use my Android phone. I long for a landline with an answering machine again.

And the Stars Look Very Different Today

Our lives and times seem much harder than they once were (and getting harder all the time), and I'd suggest they are. But being the Crow...